The Fading Cloud of Despair

I watched a black cloud fading, today... 
From over the window,
next to my bed... While I lay
wrapped in cosy sheets... 
Embracing the warmth of my pillows and cot...


The black cloud faded into 
The white space of the sky... 
Like smoke from a factory
fading into the thin air... 
But the fading black cloud was replaced by
more black clouds... And
I knew... the sight of black clouds 
Signalled the onset of the rain.... 
Dreaming of the rain showers.... I lay.. 
Only to be startled on hearing the sound of
Thunder... He seemed to be really furious... 
I shuddered at its rage... 
It seemed like the rumblings of thunder 
Reached down to my soul.... 
It seemed like nature wanted to alert my 
Depressed, drowsy mind... 
To come to terms with my present reality.... 
I decided to concentrate on the skies that
Spread their robes above me... 
I slowly closed my eyes... 
And let a black cloud out of my mind into 
The thin air... Already covered in black clouds... 
It seemed okay to accept another into its
Expanse.... 
Soon the skies let down their showers.... 















Clothing the earth in thunderous rain... 
The falling showers seemed like pearls 
Let down from heaven
To fall and replenish the earth with new sprouts... 
Seeing the showers touching the earth... 
My heart brimmed with hope and love... 
At that very instant... 
I decided to concentrate on the showers... 
I slowly closed my eyes... 
And let another black cloud rise from my
Depressed mind... I opened my eyes... 
Only to see it hovering over my head... 
This sight made my strained eyes heavy...
And soon showers of tears started rolling
Down my cheeks from my eyes... 
Those showers were pearl like
tears of guilt, shame, 
sorrow and remorse... 
Over what I did... 
I rained the whole night.... 
And soon slept under the vast expanse of the night sky.... 
Only to die with those tears and to be reborn the next day and see the light... 
From across the window next to my bed...


















Picture credits: https://unsplash.com/

Pic 1-Daoudi Aissa
Pic 2-Valentin Muller
Pic 3-Danielle Dolson







 

Comments