Oh! Maiden!

Oh! 

Maiden!

Like a damsel in distress...

you stand there at the crossroads



devoid of your locks...

you stand as one lost of their sole identity...

an identity that took you years to forge.

Sapping nutrients from the earth below your feet

you soared up high with decked hands 

while you had your feet firmly held,

your self pride embraced

not willing to bend whatsoever 

you stood stretching your beauty beyond the skies.

I remember the days...

I saw you decked in your pearls and locks

brimming with life and hope 

but alas! today you seem 

as one stripped of her beauty

and divest of all hope.

you stand all forlorn and alone

at the crossroads

devoid of your locks

and you looked like one 

in eternal sleep...

adamant never to rise and bloom...but 

I do remember how

As I was about to leave 

you called me, shaking your bare hands

you bent towards me like a bald giant...

and I found green tiny sprouts on you...

it was you telling 

Me that You won't give up 

and will soon grow your soul beyond the skies

forging a better reality than fate...



I held my skin against yours...in hope 

of a glad tomorrow 

when you'll sprout and I would run around you...

like those days of the glorious past....





Photo credits @unsplash

Photo 1 by Simon Berger

Photo 2 by Kulli Kittus

Comments