Plight

It's summer

Or winter

I know not

It's cold in the morning 

But sunny during the day... 

The caressing cold breeze

Brings in memories of the future... 

Yet the sunny world outside 

Burns my eyes with sleep... 

The sluggishness of present living 

Creeps and spreads through my body... 

As I lay on the bed with cold stricken bed sheets

The winter brush of coldness

Strikes my mind with such a tremor 

That arouses dead feelings and forgotten memories

Within me.... 

Each time it rises before me 

like a dark dull cloud

Filling me with guilt, remorse, disgust, regret 

And what not! 

But I choose to relive them... 

By confronting and facing.... 

Resignation to what has happened alone can help us survive the rough tides.... 

Thus the present gets brushed with memories of past and future....

How ironical... 

We live in the present 

But filled with thoughts of what's dead and not yet born...

Don't despise yourself.... 

Realizing this makes us 

aware of how human we are.... At heart.... 


pic @google images






Comments